Friday, August 12, 2011

De Puniet thirteenth, Capirossi improving



Using the new frame provided by the Ducati factory, the Frenchman used the afternoon session to lower his time by nearly five tenths compared to that of the morning. Loris Capirossi, still dealing with a painful shoulder, finished the day with the fifteenth best time, just behind factory Ducati rider Nicky Hayden.

Loris Capirossi:
“Compared to this morning, we’re more satisfied because we were able to solve some problems with the front. I’m able to ride better, but now we must concentrate on our work on the rear of the bike. I’m a realist. We have some ideas that we’ll try out tomorrow. We could take a nice step forward. We’re very close to the others, and although I’m not in my top form, I can improve upon today.”

Randy De Puniet:
“In the end, it was a bad day if I consider that my physical condition isn’t allowing me to be at 100%. We didn’t change many things between this morning and this afternoon. However, we did decide to see which of the two frames we have available to us could better reward our work. The new one gave us a somewhat better impression considering that with the other one, the one we used for the first part of the season, I lost the front and fell. I think and I hope that with the small changes we’ll try tomorrow, I’ll be able to reduce the gap to the riders who tend to be in the top ten.”

Pramac Racing Team press release

No comments:

Post a Comment