Saturday, August 13, 2011

De Puniet falls avoiding team-mate Capirossi



Randy de Puniet has revealed that his late qualifying accident at Brno on Saturday was caused by having to take evasive action to avoid Pramac Ducati team-mate Loris Capirossi.

"I was doing a good time on my last lap, when I was behind Simoncelli and Valentino, then Capirossi got in front of me right in the last corner, and to avoid hitting him, I was forced to brake hard, which changed my line and caused me to crash," said de Puniet.

"I'm pretty angry and disappointed by Loris's manoeuvre, because I could have had a time that was good enough for at least tenth place."

The fall left de Puniet 15th on the grid.

Capirossi appeared to accept responsibility.

"I'm sorry for what happened, but I saw him far back and I didn't think I would cause any problem. These things can happen, but I'll definitely be more careful next time," said the Italian veteran, who will start from 16th place.

De Puniet and Capirossi are both riding injured from previous crashes.

source: crash.net

No comments:

Post a Comment