Saturday, April 30, 2011

Repsol Honda's After Estoril Free Practice

Andrea Dovizioso


Honda's riders took a good result on 1st free practice session. But on 2nd session, Casey Stoner and Andrea Dovizioso was not good enough. Stoner looks not satisfied with his RC212V, while modification of Dovizioso's of the dry track was being complicated. Only Dani Pedrosa from Repsol Honda that took the positive practice.

Casey Stoner,
"To be honest I'm not very happy with how the day has gone. We had a few small issues with the bike that took quite a lot of time out of our sessions today. We could have had a much more productive day than we did, as we didn't really find any improvements. We have to wait for tomorrow and hope for some dry weather, because at this moment we're not too happy with the setting of the bike. We need to improve it a little under the braking point and in the middle of the corner, where we seem to be struggling to get the bike to turn, so if there is some good weather tomorrow, we should be able to improve the situation and not be so far off".

Dani Pedrosa,
"I think the first day of practice has been positive, it's the first race after a major operation, so it's only logical that I feel sore and I understand that with a little more time and treatment this will disappear. The pain I feel are some cramps which are caused by tension I have in the shoulder area. The last round of laps this afternoon, I wanted to extend a little longer to see how I felt, but I made seven laps in a row, which would be about 15 minutes. This is not enough to make a definitive judgement. If it rains tomorrow, it will be important to have a positive practice to get a good position on the grid".

Andrea Dovizioso,
“Today I had two difficult practice sessions and I can’t be happy. I had no feeling with the front so we made several runs to test the modifications, but the situation in general didn’t improve in the afternoon. I struggled to make lap times. Today was dry and I hope that tomorrow we can continue to work in the same conditions. According to the weather forecast, it should rain and this would complicate the situation”

source: MotoGP Official Website

No comments:

Post a Comment