Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Spies closing on Rossi in fight for fifth



Ben Spies resumes the second-half of the 2011 MotoGP World Championship with just ten points to make up on Valentino Rossi in the fight for fifth in the overall standings.

Though Rossi has beaten Spies in a straight race just once this season, the American's three DNFs – compared to Rossi's perfect scoring record -, means the Ducati rider currently has the edge.

Nonetheless, four consecutive good results, including his maiden MotoGP win at Assen, means Spies has closed the gap to Rossi heading to Brno, where he will look to overhaul his rival by repeating the form that took him to second on the grid twelve months ago.

“It's been really cool to hang out at home with my friends and family in Texas and take a break from the racing. I'm looking forward to getting back on the bike now, especially at Brno which is a track I really enjoy. 

“It was good to me in Superbike and we showed a lot of potential there last year, I nearly had pole position and think I could have challenged for a podium if I hadn't suffered a front end grip issue early in the race

source: crash

No comments:

Post a Comment