Thursday, August 11, 2011

Repsol Honda trio revitalised for Czech Republic



After a two-week interlude in which time they enjoyed some rest and recuperation before resuming their training programmes, Repsol Honda riders Casey Stoner, Andrea Dovizioso and Dani Pedrosa are all fully prepared to make an anticipated return to action at Brno this weekend.

The team celebrated a double podium in the previous round at Laguna Seca where Stoner extended his lead at the top of the Championship to 20 points with victory, whilst Pedrosa took third spot and Dovizioso finished fifth.

After this weekend's race, the Repsol Honda Team will make use of a testing day at the Brno circuit, using the opportunity to further develop the 1000cc 2012 machine. Contracted riders Pedrosa and Stoner will test the bike in the one day test on Monday August 15th.

Casey Stoner:
"I've really enjoyed this summer break. After a great race in Laguna, we decided to stay in California and visit some friends and enjoy some down time, mixed in with some training. Now I feel relaxed and ready for the second half of the season. I'm looking forward to going to Brno, it's a circuit I've always enjoyed and I believe with the results we've had in the past years we can expect to have a good race there. I've seen that the Honda can be very competitive at all circuits this year so I'm sure we will also be strong in Brno. The fact that it's very fast and flowing has helped the Yamaha's in the past seasons and I think Jorge will be strong there, so I will be watching for him. We'll be working on overcoming some of the issues we've had in the fast corners at circuits this year and we will certainly be looking for the win, or at the very least some more important Championship points.”

Andrea Dovizioso:
“I spent the summer break with my family and friends at the seaside in Sardinia. Early in the morning I was training, then I could play with Sara, my little daughter. It was a new experience for me that I really enjoyed. It was a perfect time to relax and switch off and now I’m ready for the second part of the season. We arrive in Brno very motivated as we want to redeem the disappointing result of Laguna. Brno is a fast track, the curves have a long range so the speed in the mid corner is high. I’m confident that we can be competitive there, the Honda machine is working very well and the characteristics of the track suit my riding style too. It’s similar to Mugello and we look for a good result. Casey, Dani and Jorge will be strong rivals, but I’m confident that we will be able to fight with them. We are determined to return on the podium. This is our target.”

Dani Pedrosa:
"These two and a half weeks have flown by for me, but I really enjoyed this break. The truth is that I needed it, first of all to rest after the last few races that were physically hard for me but also to disconnect a little and to train, to get back my physical strength and be fit again. My holidays have been a combination of all. When I got back from Laguna I spent some days doing nothing just to relax the whole area of the neck, arms and back. After this I've been combining physical training with relaxation exercises to avoid over stressing the area. Now I'm looking forward to competing again and enjoying the races until the end of the season. The bike is working very well this year so I hope we can get good results and win races in this second half of the Championship. Brno is a track I like, I've won there in 125 and 250, and I've had some podiums also in MotoGP so to fight for the victory is a challenge for me and I'm very motivated. I'm also looking forward to the test at Brno with the 1000cc. bike. I missed the first one in Jerez due to the injury and I'm excited to see to see how the new bike works.”

source: MotoGP Official Website

No comments:

Post a Comment