Friday, August 12, 2011

Pramac pair taking injuries to Brno



Loris Capirossi and Randy de Puniet insist they will race in the Czech Republic Grand Prix at Brno, despite each suffering with persistent injuries sustained over the last few rounds.

Capirossi is still incurring problems from the shoulder injury he sustained back at Assen, an ailment that ruled him out of races at Misano and the Sachsenring, though he did return last time out at Laguna Seca.

Undergoing therapy every day, Capirossi admits surgery on the shoulder is probable, but only when the season has concluded.

“Unfortunately, the shoulder problem is persisting. The doctor said I should undergo surgery, but I'll only consider that after the championship. For now I'm undergoing therapy every day. For Brno I hope to continue improving my physical condition. 

“I've rested during this two-week break, which I really needed. I want to ride well and to finally have a good result. The Czech track is one of my favorites, so hopefully I'll manage that.”

Frenchman de Puniet, meanwhile, is still feeling pain from the pelvis injury he picked up in the United States, even if further examination revealed he hasn't fractured it.

“Missing the race at Laguna Seca was very difficult for me to accept, especially after the hard work carried out during practice and qualifying. During the past couple of weeks, I visited the doctor to better understand the situation with my pelvis. Fortunately, there are no fractures, but the pain still hasn't gone away. 

“I underwent, and am still undergoing, daily therapy in order to be ready for Brno. The bike had responded well to input in recent races, and it would be a shame not to take full advantage of this positive moment for us with the bike.”

source: crash.net

No comments:

Post a Comment