Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mapfre Aspar Team get back to work at Brno



After a two week break following their visit to the shortest circuit on the MotoGP calendar, the teams and riders this weekend return to action at one of the longest. They will need every bit of recharged energy as they look to tackle a challenging circuit over 5km in length that plays host to the eleventh round of the season.

Recovered, motivated and ready to continue with the excellent form that he signed off from the first half of the season with. That is the half-term report for Héctor Barberá, who showed a clear step forward in performance levels at Mugello, Sachsenring and Laguna Seca over the past three rounds. The MAPFRE Aspar rider is keen to continue that form at Brno, a talismanic circuit for the Spaniard, who finished a stunning fourth here during his rookie 125cc season back in 2002.

Héctor Barberá:
"Brno is a special circuit for me - I managed to finish fourth here in my first season riding in the 125cc World Championship after qualifying in ninth, which is still one of my best ever races and one I will always remember. We were riding on standard kit and managed to fight with the factory riders. I love Brno and I am perfectly prepared for this one. I have done a lot of physical training over the break and I am looking forward to giving 200% on track. There are a lot of fast corners which are good for me and the goal is to improve on my best finish this season, which was sixth at Jerez, and continue the good form we have shown at Mugello, Sachsenring and Laguna Seca."

MAPFRE Aspar press release.

No comments:

Post a Comment