Friday, August 12, 2011

Edwards targeting first Brno top six


A first top-six finish at Brno is the main target for Colin Edwards this weekend, as the Texan seeks to consolidate is position as the top satellite rider in the 2011 MotoGP World Championship.

The Tech 3 rider arrives at round ten holding eighth in the championship, four points clear of Gresini Honda's Hiroshi Aoyama and having been the only non-factory rider to stand on the podium so far this year.

"I am really excited about going to Brno, even though it has never been a great track for me for some reason. But it is the start of the second half of the season and I can't wait to get back on my Monster Yamaha Tech 3 machine," said Edwards, who made his Brno MotoGP debut in 2003.

"I've had some decent results at Brno but nothing really great. I've never scored a top six there so I'll be aiming to put that right on Sunday. We've struggled with set-up issues since Sachsenring and nothing has gone fantastic since then. 

"But I'm confident we can make the bike better at Brno and a good result will set us up nicely for the last seven races, starting with another trip home to Indianapolis later this month, which I'm really excited about."

During the summer break Edwards welcomed the Tech 3 crew to his Texas Tornado Boot Camp.

"I had some decent time off with the family and spent some days in the Boot Camp. All the guys from the Team came straight after Laguna Seca and we all had a great time, and it is clear that I'm not the only one fast on two wheels in our squad!" said Edwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment