Friday, August 12, 2011

Crutchlow buoyant for second-half of season


Cal Crutchlow is confident he can turn his maiden MotoGP World Championship season around during the second-half of the year as he approaches circuits that are more familiar to him.

The British rider has shown flashes of speed aboard the Tech 3 Yamaha this season, particularly in qualifying, but his form has dipped since injuring himself in a fall at Silverstone, Crutchlow scoring just four points in the last four races.

Down to 15th in the overall standings, Crutchlow nonetheless has higher hopes for the upcoming races around circuits that bear a greater resemblance to those on the World Superbike calendar, starting with this weekend's event at Brno.

"I am looking forward to the second half of the season as some of the tracks that are coming up I know and I've done well on before, including Brno. Almost all the circuits in the first half of the season were new for me and I always had to learn from zero. But that's all part of the learning experience and I'm concentrating solely on getting a good result this weekend and putting the bad luck behind me. 

“The last few races have been quite difficult, but I showed at the start of the season my potential with some strong performances, and that's the form I need to rediscover, starting in Brno this weekend. The track is a good one for me and I've got good memories from last season when I got on the podium and also took pole position in World Superbikes. 

“So it is a track I know I am fast on and I am looking forward to seeing how it feels on a MotoGP bike. I had a good summer break and stayed on in America for a holiday, but now I'm ready to get back working hard with the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team and having a good final part of the season.”

source: crash.net

No comments:

Post a Comment