Friday, August 12, 2011

Abraham to run special livery in home race



Karel Abraham will ride in a special livery on Sunday, during his MotoGP race debut in front of his home Czech fans at Brno.

Abraham arrives at round ten holding twelfth in the championship, out of the 17 full time riders, with four top ten finishes and a best result of seventh (twice). 

The Cardion AB Ducati rider is also twelve points ahead of former World Supersport champion Cal Crutchlow in the rookie of the year contest.

"I have to admit that if somebody predicted these results when the season started I wouldn't believe them. But now I know I can do even better," said Abraham.

Looking ahead to this weekend, Abraham - winner of last year's Valencia Moto2 race - doesn't expect any material home advantage.

"Despite the fact that Brno is my home circuit I have no possibility to practice here during the season," confirmed Abraham, whose father and team manager owns the track. 

"I know from the first half of the season that all circuits are completely different on a MotoGP bike. It's gonna be interesting to see if the situation will be the same this weekend.

"Brno suits my style, although it's very difficult to find the right set-up of the bike here," he continued. "It has a lot of fast corners, not chicanes. Some riders have a problem in Brno due to big elevation, but I like it."

The 21-year-old revealed that getting up to speed sooner in the races is his next goal. 

"The start of the race and the first two or three laps are still my biggest weakness, but I believe that when I solve this problem I will be able to fight for top ten finishes in every race," he said.

Abraham Jr. will spend Friday and Saturday in normal colours before running a special white livery for Sunday.

"We think that the start of a Czech rider in the premier-class on his home circuit is an exceptional event to which we want to draw attention," said Karel Abraham Sr.

Abraham will be the first Czech rider to compete in the premier-class at his home GP since Pavol Dekanek finished 28th in the 500cc race back in 1989.

No comments:

Post a Comment